Motivation isn’t always easy to find. In fact, it rarely is. What is most important is to find easy ways that allow you to succeed the most. Focus on what works for YOU.
“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Mark Twain
5 EASY ways to motivate yourself:
- Set achievable goals! Ask yourself WHY you want to achieve the goal. Knowing your why will allow you stay focused and feel passionate about your goal.
- Realize that YOU are in control! You should be setting your goal for the sake of yourself, no one else. Take the step to realize that you are the one in control… other peoples opinions frankly don’t matter (obviously easier said than done but nonetheless it is a very important step). That being said, MAKE YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE!
- Detoxify your social media accounts! It does yourself no good to want to be “just like her/him,” I can tell you that it won’t work. You are two different people. There’s a difference between following inspirational pages and following individuals because you are comparing yourself to them. Find the inspirational ones and ditch the others.
- Surround yourself with positive people! Having positive people around you will only help strengthen your goals. You see, its pretty self explanatory, negative people will judge you or question your goals… which leads you to second guessing yourself and having a lack of motivation. SO, it seems that having positive people around you will push you to become the best person you can be… which leads you to being confident and having more motivation!
- Be flexible & make it a habit! You will never succeed with your intended goal if you have the ‘all-or-nothing’ mindset. Each and everyday is a new opportunity to crush your goals. You may have a day were you do not achieve your goal, but that does NOT mean that you should lose motivation. Use that to motivate yourself and allow your goal to become a habit. By repeatedly doing an action, it becomes a habit.
ALWAYS remember to start small. You do not have to conquer the entire world with your goal. It could simply be as little as: smiling ten times a day. Setting a goal too big can lead to an overwhelming feeling that leaves you with a daunting task and no clue where to start.
“It seems impossible until it’s done.” -Nelson Mandela
Lastly, MAKE IT FUN! Make sure to incorporate your goal into something that you already enjoy. If your goal is to be more active and you like to do yoga, find yoga classes near you. If your goal is to do better in school, find tools or strategies that work for you and that you enjoy. If your goal is to lose some weight and you like ice cream, find a healthier alternative.
Enjoy your life, it’s the only one you have.
Be sure to sign up with your EMAIL below to make sure you never miss a post!
FOLLOW the Balance Sweat & Cheers Instagram & Pinterest! @balancesweatandcheers