Are you in a crunch for time in the morning and don’t have time to make breakfast? OVERNIGHT OATS WILL SAVE YOU.
Okay I just have to say OVERNIGHT OATS ARE THE BEST!! Seriously, I think I could eat them for every meal. There are SO many different ways to make them and they are all so amazing. Recently, I have been in love with Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats topped with banana.
This is a great way to meal prep your breakfast for the entire week. I often double the recipe and split it up into mason jars and put them in the fridge to grab each morning. This recipe will make 2-3 meals for me. Five minutes of preparing will ease your morning, I GUARENTEE.
Previously, I did not like oatmeal and could never find a recipe that I liked. But I have now found over five recipes that I am absolutely in love with. I have Overnight Oats every single morning for breakfast.
I thought I’d share the recipe that I am currently hooked on!
Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats:
- 1 cup Silk yogurt alternative (Greek yogurt works well too)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
*You can also add a handful of Chia seeds for an added nutritional kick or honey for added sweetness, if you please.
- BLEND strawberries, milk, yogurt, and vanilla together!
- PLACE 2 cups of oatmeal into a bowl and add the strawberry mixture into it.
- STIR the blended strawberry mixture into the oats.
- Place bowl into the refrigerator overnight OR split up into individual mason jars for an easy to-go option.
- In the morning, take out your overnight oats and top it with your favorite toppings! You can do really anything from peanut butter or your favorite fruit. I love to add a sliced banana on top.
- When you mix the strawberry mixture into the oats, it will look very soupy. This is supposed to happen. Your liquid to oat ratio should roughly be 2:1 (as seen below).
- Your oats have to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before you can eat them.
- This recipe makes 2-3 meals for me.